Terms of Reference
Consultant to develop a Newcomer Referral System
The Philippine Centre Canada (PCC) is a registered not-for-profit organization whose mission is to serve the Filipino-Canadian community to better integrate in Canadian society. Filipino-Canadian newcomers to Canada is one of three priority groups in PCC’s programming. The objective of this assignment is to develop and provide guidance in the implementation of a system wherein PCC can refer newcomers to the appropriate agencies, institutions or organizations that provide services and assistance to help them settle in their new location smoothly and quickly. To achieve this objective, the PCC is searching for a Consultant to develop a Newcomer Referral System for PCC.
The Consultant is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Establish a directory of service providers (public and private agencies and institutions, not-for-profit and charitable organizations, community associations) for newcomers operating in the National Capital Region and create an inventory of services they provide;
- Assist in the establishment of partnership between PCC and the service providers;
- Develop and write a newcomer referral system manual;
- Liaise and coordinate with the service providers to facilitate assistance to newcomers;
- Train PCC staff in the implementation of the newcomer referral system.
The PCC is searching for an individual who:
- is mentally and emotionally mature, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and patience in dealing with individuals or groups who have limited knowledge and information about their new location in the NCR and the minimum requirements in settling therein;
- is aware of the challenges newcomers experience and has compassion for them;
- must have resided in any part of the NCR for at least two years;
- is familiar with minimum requirements such as getting a health card, social insurance number, and a driver’s license;
- has initiative and able to work with limited supervision;
- has strong administrative skills;
- has skills in organizing ideas and present with others in written and oral forms;
- is a team player and able to train other team members.
Please send your most recent CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: Consultant to develop a Newcomer Referral System for PCC not later than June 5, 2023, 5:00 PM. Applicants whose skills and work experience match those expected by PCC will be contacted for interview.