Terms of Reference
Assistant Program Manager
The Assistant Program Manager is co-responsible with the Program Manager for the efficient and effective implementation of the project, “Filipino-Canadian Youth Civic Engagement Lab”. S/he is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Assist the Program Manager in carrying out her/his responsibilities by carrying out tasks assigned by the Program Manager,
- Draft communication materials for project promotion, information dissemination, and documentation through PCC’s and PCC partners’ social media sites following PCC and CSC’s communication guidelines,
- Execute procurement of needed project supplies and materials,
- Ensure the provision of needed logistical support,
- Conduct follow-up communication and field visits (as needed) to grant recipients’ project sites,
- Assist the Video Documentarian in the conduct of their assignment.
The successful candidate must have knowledge, skills, and experience in the following areas:
- Project management
- Training design, implementation, and evaluation
- Social media utilization knowledge and skills
- English communication skills (speaking before a large audience and writing)
Preferred (but not must have) qualifications are:
- Experience in working with youth, preferably youth of Filipino heritage
- Of Filipino heritage
- Knowledge of youth civic engagement
Because of the short duration of project implementation, the successful candidate must have strong organizational and time management skills.
This is a part-time position (30 hours/week) on a short-term engagement (8 months, from August 16, 2023 to April 15, 2024). PCC offers a competitive rate to the successful candidate.
Applicants may send their most current CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the subject title: Assistant Program Manager not later than August 10, 2023, 5:00 PM.